HTMS Husky Foundation: Providing Resources for STEM Success
As HTMS strives for STEM certification, the HTMS Husky Foundation has been working diligently with the administration to identify the resources needed for integrating technology into the classroom, a key criterion for STEM certification.
Our goal is to raise $50,000 to fund:
- 3 iPad carts, bringing the school total to 2 carts per grade level
- 6 Lego Robotics Kits, bringing the total to 16, reducing the ratio of students per kit to 2:1 in the Tech Lab.
- 5 iBeams, a device which converts a white board into an interactive board. More classrooms are being used this year, some not yet outfitted with interactive boards. The eBeam is a fraction of the cost of an interactive board.
- Science Probe, all-in-one tool that works on Bluetooth with an iPad, and can test soil density, temp changes, and more.
How you can help:
- Pay online www.huskyfoundation.org/make-a-donation or print the donor form and send with a check to school.
- Find out if your company offers a matching donation program.
We appreciate donations of any amount. Those who donate $100 or more will receive a limited edition, student-designed car magnet.
VOLUNTEER & SUPPORT OUR PROGRAMS
- The Husky Hut sells school supplies, Spirit Wear & fun merchandise (Monday-Friday, 8:40-9:15 AM on school days). Working in the store is a fun volunteer job, and only takes 45-minutes.
- Special Events:Help with the upcoming 6th Grade Pizza Social.
- The SCRIP Program:
When you buy gift cards through the SCRIP program, the card issuer pays a percentage of the card value back to HTMS (varies by store; usually between 7-15%).
- Enrichment Program
NEW: Competitive Chess Beginner and Advanced with coach Bella Belegradek (before school)
Learn more at www.huskyfoundation.org